Friday, October 21, 2011

Updating You

Howdy, for those of you who may have noticed I have unfortunately had to take an absence from my blog due to epic amounts of uni. Thankfully the end of semester is in sight and I would like to share some exciting news that I have received over the past two weeks.

Firstly, I attended an information session at the uni about doing Honours next year. I had previously been pre-selected as a top student that they would like to see continue with studying at the uni which is pretty awesome. So when I complete my BArts next June(ish) I can apply to enter into fourth year and work on my thesis, which as I'll be doing Honours in Creative Writing, I can continue writing my major creative piece from last year i.e. My Elder Scrolls Story (or something else!) But this means that I can't post anymore of this story until my thesis has been written and marked, sorry for anyone who liked reading it :(

Secondly, I met with author David Musgrave yesterday on campus (English lecturer at uni) and he confirmed that as soon as I finish my exams for this semester, he would like to train me to work for his publishing company (Puncher and Wattman) as an intern! Needless to say that has been the most amazing thing to happen to me all year.

So, as soon as exam period has finished I'll be able to return to my creative writing for the summer and start working in an awesome industry...and I cannot wait!


On another note I've tried to come up with a new logo for this site as I'm trying to make it a bit more professional, which I have one up at the moment but I will be trying different things over the summer as well as writing.

Have a good halloween and keep on reading!

2 comments: