Friday, December 30, 2011

Not Finished Just Yet


Crawling
Clawing
Stinging
Scratching

Tempting whispers of relief
Seducing looks for my release
Spinning spiral circling down
Mocking faces with empty eyes

Laughing
Pointing
Kicking
Screaming

Heart pumping in my ears
Chest contracting
Last breath escaping
Stomach dropping
Fingers clenching
Brightness fading

And then not gone

Hope returning
Air inhaling
No longer trapped or drowning
Blood stops pouring

Crow dissolving
Old man just watching
Tilted head with question framed

Waiting

Listening

Shrugging shoulders
Answer received

Not now
And maybe
Not anytime soon

Written 11/12/11
Edited 20/12/11

2 comments:

  1. I know I said I'd post this earlier but with moving home & Christmas I didn't get a chance (& then the internet wasn't connected properly)... So I've borrowed a wireless thing & thought I'd post it before the new year comes around.

    Happy silly season. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh bonus points to anyone who can guess the song from where I got the title to this poem from.

    Hint: it's an Aussie band.

    ReplyDelete