Well I have more exciting news regarding my writing; I have just entered into a competition for the Sydney Writers' Festival. 'Poems on Pillows' is run through Australian Poetry and the seven lucky winner's will have their poems placed on the pillows in every room where leading authors and publishers will be staying during the festival, one per night. Selected poets will have the opportunity to read their poem at a public event and be featured on Australian Poetry’s website.
Winners will be announced on Thursday 7 April 2011, so wish me luck.
Due to the terms and conditions I can't post my poem until after the competition has finished but you only have to wait a week to see my entry.
Note: I think it's safe to say that I haven't been selected as a finalist for this competition as the date for the announcement of the winners has been and gone. Thanks anyway guys. Congratulations to whoever won. I'll be checking the competitions page for any future ones that I can enter though so you never know, I could be an award winning poet yet!
Note: I think it's safe to say that I haven't been selected as a finalist for this competition as the date for the announcement of the winners has been and gone. Thanks anyway guys. Congratulations to whoever won. I'll be checking the competitions page for any future ones that I can enter though so you never know, I could be an award winning poet yet!

No comments:
Post a Comment