This week has been a funny week. Lots of emotions and thoughts twirling through the space in between my ears. So I spent yesterday afternoon sitting in a cafe, watching people walk by and writing some poetry. There are three that I worked on that cover some of the nonsense in my head from the past couple of days.
'Just Look'- a poem that I wrote based on a dream where two men were discussing a woman, one was trying to convince the other to admit how he truly feels about this woman. To see past the complications of social structure and confines and focus on the underlying emotions.
'Intoxicated'- a poem about sex between a fated couple, kinda Romeo & Julietesqe, trying to express all of their love for each other in the one evening they can manage to get away from the world. But the world intrudes on their love and they are doomed to spend the rest of time alone.
'Inspired?'- a poem about the never ending mess inside my head at the moment. Too much information and nowhere near enough space to process it. This is probably one of my few examples of purposeful rhyming. I wasn't fully happy with my original and re-wrote it several times. I've gotten it to a point where I'm almost satisfied with it (just wish I had my creative writing class to help with the final product!)
*If anyone from my Advanced Creative Writing (ENGL 3202, 2010 with David Musgrave) class last year is reading this please feel free to leave your constructive criticisms at the bottom of the piece or any other one that takes your fancy. Indeed if Dave is reading my blog I would be so glad of your help.*
I just want to point out that there is something about writing and watching people at the same time, you get little bit's of detail coming to you that makes it a totally different experience than writing at home. Just a thought. Anyway hope you enjoy reading these poems. I've been writing more and more poetry lately in my spare time so no doubt I'll have more to post later on, as well as some older stuff like the other parts to 'My Elder Scrolls Story'.
See you on the flip side.
xx

No comments:
Post a Comment